Thursday, February 5, 2015

'' Fond memories of my child hood '' [28 ]

‘’ Fond memories of my child hood ‘’ [ 28 ]
‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’
Once in away my dad used to go into the dense forest with a few of his selective  friends for hunting. Pottanammachen was the one who made all the arrangements like food drinking water,head light,sweter muffler boots  and all
And he also accompanied them. They used to go for hunting by evening and came back by next morning with the shot dead animals like big jungle squirrels, or deer or sheep and all.Then Pottanammachen and sreedharan start   dressing ,cleaning ,and cutting them up and cooking .By evening dad’s friends with whom he went for hunting used to gather in our house  to enjoy a dinner with white kerosin [for liquor Pottanammachen used to tell us that it is white kerosin  .During the war time  the kerosin that we get was not clear,had a slite reddish colour.]As life was going on ike this the x’mas vacation came to an end and we proceeded to Nangiarkulangara.
One of my aunties in Cochin started a fever and it prolonged  more than a month.In the end Doctors diagnosed that she had TB and advised her to go to Madras to get proper treatment. After a course of treatment she was advised to go to Nagarcoil TB centre for further care and medication. Uncle took her with  her younger sister to Nagarcoil took a small house on rent near the TB hospital and continued the treatment.My mother and her sisters were so attached and my mom went to Nagarcoil for afew days to give them a help.
Dad came away to the estate leaving mum there.
By the time our school closed for the mid summer vacation and my sister
Brother and myself came to Bharatheepuram. We reached home by the late evening and saw dad laying down  fully covered with a blanket and shivering.
He was running a very high temperature and Pttanammachen had gone to Punaloore to get medicine for him. Through out the night my sister and
Pottanammachen were nursing him ,but his illness became worse. Early morning Pottanammachen hired a car and with the help of Sreedharan ,
driver and my sister ,somehow shifted him to the car and drove on.My youngest sister ,brother,and myself were so worried and were waiting for them.Towards the evening  some how the news reached home that
Dad passed away.Within seconds the house and the courtyard was crowded
With people crying and howling and I joined them,but that moment I was totaly ignorant , the depth of the loss.By midnight somebody brought my mom  without
revealing the sad news to her.At the first sight she fainted ,and the people around carried her to her room.The funeral was on the next day in presence of
a big crowed.He was cremated at a distance but we could see the flame and smoke from home.For a few days  the house and surroundings were full of
people , relatives and friends coming and going like a stream.There was a big function on the sixteenth day of  demise.A big pandal were erected in t he
 courtyard and there were a feast ,After that the crowd were dispersed,then we, my mom my sisters brothers and me were left alone, we could very well feel the depth of our loss….a house …without a master …no one to take a decision….no one to direct us…no one to care for us….no one to manage the estate.

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’  

No comments:

Post a Comment