Tuesday, December 16, 2014

‘’ Fond memories of my child hood ‘’ [24 ]
‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’
One fine morning ;like a sweet dream ,pottanammachen arrived with a smile..to take me backto my mum.He held my face in his palms and looking at my eyes sympathetically ;told me  ‘’get ready …..pack your things…we will go to your mum ‘’.Aunty helped me to put on my dress and pack my things.By the time ,Vergheese uncle,one of the friends of my dad came there in a car and we started to Bharatheepuram ,where my mum was at that time.On the way 
we stepped down at Dr.Thampy uncle’s clinic to show the festering scabies and swelling at my legs.He examined me and gave medicines for internal and external use.We reached there by evening.When we reached there mum was waiting for us in the drawing room.She came forward leaving my younger sister
behind and held me tightly to her chest.In the warmth of her chest I forgot  the pains and enjoyed a feeling of love and care. Within a few days I became energetic and scabies started healing, On weekends dad used to come to the estatehouse.Then I heard them discussing seriously about my education.
There were no schools in the estate area.
One day my eldest sister and her husband who was trapped in Singapore because of the  2nd world war,came home from Nangiar ku langara. She was very fond
 of me.So  was I .She said that she would take me with her
and some how would get an admision in the convent nearby.She stayed th us for a few
days  and went back to Nangiarkulangara with me.She secured an admission
for me in the preparetary class.In those days there were a one year class in between  the fourth and fifth standard.From the second term I started going school. It was run by nuns…they were very strict,but soft spoken.The premises were quite clean.My   class teacher was a nun ,Sister Slowmo… Every one  in the class ,got individual attention. I liked the school and the atmosphere very much.I liked my sister and her motherly affection towards
 me was a great  help to concentrate on my lessons and I did well in my studies.
‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’
so




1 comment:

  1. ഓര്‍മ്മകള്‍ വായിച്ചു
    ആശംസകള്‍

    ReplyDelete